Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Introducing the AAMH Blog!

Welcome! Many of my readers will start out coming from the Anxiety Ate My Homework Facebook page, so you’ll all be familiar with what the AAMH concept is. For the rest of you, I’m very glad you’re here. AAMH is for people suffering from anxiety disorders, of which there are several.

In the coming weeks and months, I’ll be expounding a little more on each of them and introducing concepts and ideas in regard to dealing with these disorders. Overall, though, this blog isn’t really about the technical bits of the disorder…that’s why I created the website. This blog is more to explore the feelings associated with anxiety.

I was first diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder in 2003. Since then, I’ve also been diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Phobias, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. When I first began to search for information about my condition, I was lost. There seemed to be vast amounts of information available, but none of it really touched on how it felt to have anxiety, and that’s hugely important.

The feeling of isolation is overwhelming, and the fear of being crazy is very real. I know, I’ve been there. If that’s where you’re at now, please know that you are not alone (and that you’re NOT going crazy!)

It’s going to take me some time to learn the blogging “ropes” here, so please be patient and stick with me. My goal is to make sure no one ever has to experience the isolation of anxiety again…and that’s why I’m here. AAMH started small as a Facebook page with a few hundred “likes” and has grown to a community of over 10,000. There’s now a webpage full of information, and a YouTube channel in the works.

Obviously, there’s a need for these resources! People are reaching out…and I am trying to make sure that they will always find a hand waiting when they do.

So again, I welcome you. My name is Tracy, and it’s my pleasure and honor to have you here.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy, I've come via your facebook page. Wishing you well with your blog, I have just started one too and understand the "learning the ropes" part! Thanks for sharing your story, I am just getting the courage to talk openly about having depression and decided that I won't be ashamed any longer - the more people talk and share, the more support there is and understanding increases. Jackie

    ReplyDelete